This book includes both contemporary YA lit and classics
Books I’ve read:
1. Hold Still by Nina Lacour–A book that changed my life.
2. One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest by Ken Kesey–A true classic. Not for the faint of heart.
3. Goth Girl Rising by Barry Lyga–A book that helped me
4. Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson–A book that changed my views on eating disorders.
5. Scars by Cheryl Rainfield–A powerful story of a rape survivor
Books I haven’t read:
6. Freaks Like Us by Susan Vaught–About a schizophrenic young boy searching for his missing best friend
7. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath–Another classic.
8. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher–A very popular YA novel I have yet to read.
9. Cut by Patricia McCormick–I love Patty McCormick. I’ve met her twice. The first time, when asked about this book, she said that at first, she hated the main character, and couldn’t find any sympathy for her, which I thought was interesting. Definitely on my to-read list.
10. The Glimpse by Claire Merle–A dystopian novel I can’t wait to read.