Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don’t have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It’s a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
This week I’ve chosen to write about the books being released in Fall 2012 that I’m most excited about.
1. Reached by Allie Condie–The final installment of the Matched trilogy! Part of this book will be narrated from Xander’s perspective, and Cassia will be back in the Society yet again, only this time working with the Rising to overturn it. As mentioned in my Waiting On Wednesday post on this book, I think Indy is working for the Society, and I can’t wait to see if I’m right on November 13!
2. The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin–Mara Dyer #2! At the end of The Becoming, Mara was just starting to come to terms with her special…abilities, and Julian returned! Now she’s checked herself into a mental institution. The evolution begins October 23.
3. Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor–Karou returns with her flying knives in the much-anticipated sequel to Daughter of Smoke and Bone, to be released on November 6.
4. The Diviners by Libba Bray–A mystery by celebrated author Libba Bray (Rebel Angels, Beauty Queens) released on September 18. Definitely on my to-read list.
5. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater–Truth be told, I wasn’t a big fan of Shiver and its companions, but this book does sound rather good. It’s definitely not just another werewolf book and seems to be getting a lot of praise, so I hope it lives up to its reputation. Also published September 18.
6. Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian–A story of revenge from two acclaimed authors (both of whom were at the National Book Festival this year!) All good things on September 18.
7. Crewel by Gennifer Albin–Adelice Lewys could be at the top in her utopian world if she wanted to. But controlling every aspect of people’s lives by weaving the fabrics of their lives together isn’t appealing to her at all. Adelice does her best to fail, but what happens when her talent is discovered? Published October 16.
8. Tilt by Ellen Hopkins–A novel about love “in all its forms.” Sure to be a winner. Published September 11.
9. Son by Lois Lowry–The final book in the series started with The Giver. Released October 2.
10. Beta by Rachel Cohn–A science fiction novel about a young girl created in a laboratory. To be published October 16.